The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to administer effective emergency first aid to a casualty until the arrival of the emergency services.
This course is aimed at anyone with a responsibility to perform effective first aid in an emergency or life threatening situation until the arrival of the emergency services or other qualified medical professional.
Learners are to undertake practical assessment throughout the course.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to first aid.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure
- Carry out an assessment of a casualty.
- Perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Place a casualty into the recovery position.
- Recognise and treat people with breathing difficulties, bleeding, burns, broken bones, shock, choking, heart attack, stroke and seizures.
- Understand how to recognise and assist people with Dysphagia.
½ Day (4 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price as per current Price List