The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to understand how Multiple Sclerosis affects a person’s capability to function properly and how to provide safe and inclusive care and support.
The course is aimed at all staff involved in the delivery of healthcare or support services in any type of health and social care setting where adults have Multiple Sclerosis.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to providing care and support to people with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Understand what Multiple Sclerosis is and its causes.
- Understand mobility issues.
- Recognise symptoms and progression of Multiple Sclerosis.
- How to care for someone with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Understand the importance treatments, therapies, diet and exercise.
- Understand what other services are available to people with Multiple Sclerosis.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £45 (inc VAT)