The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to provide safe and inclusive care and support to people who have Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
The course is aimed at all staff involved in the delivery of healthcare or support services in any type of health and social care setting where a person has Motor Neurone Disease.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to providing care and support for people with Motor Neurone Disease.
- Understand what Motor Neurone Disease is and it affects the cells and nerves in the brain and spinal cord which control the muscles in the body.
- Understand treatments and medication.
- Recognise symptoms and the progression of Motor Neurone Disease.
- Understand how to care for a person with Motor Neurone Disease.
- Understand the services available to someone with Motor Neurone Disease.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £45 (inc. VAT)