The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to care and support people with Down’s Syndrome.
The course is aimed at all care and support workers who provide services to people living with Down’s Syndrome condition. The course will assist workers to deliver safe and inclusive care and support that meets the current care standards.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Understand Down’s Syndrome and how it affects the person.
- Recognise the physical features of a person with Down’s Syndrome.
- Understand the causes of the condition.
- Understand the complications people with Down’s Syndrome may suffer.
- Understand the risk to woman having a baby diagnosed with Down’s Syndrome.
- Understand the relationship between Down’s Syndrome and heart defects.
- How to supporting someone with Down’s Syndrome in a person centered way.
- Understand the care and support needs of people with Down’s Syndrome.
- Understand the types of diverse behaviors displayed by people living with Down’s Syndrome and how to deal with the behaviours.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £45 (inc. VAT)