The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to recognise and care for people with brain injuries including acquired brain injury (ABI) Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other forms of acquired brain injury.
Acquired brain injury covers all situations in which brain injury has occurred since birth, and includes traumatic brain injury as well as tumour, stroke, brain haemorrhage and encephalitis. The effects are often very similar to those of traumatic brain injury, but there are key differences that make treating and coping with acquired brain injury quite different.
This course is aimed at anyone who provides care to people with acquired brain injuries.
- Signs & symptoms of severe brain injury
- Understand how the brain works in physical & mental terms
- Appreciate what happens when a person suffers a traumatic brain injury
- Know about various forms of brain injuries
- The effects on a person with a brain injury
- Understand the terminology used in brain injury
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £65 (inc. VAT)