To give knowledge on the management of respiratory equipment and devices. This course is aimed at Registered Nurses and senior care staff who care and support people who need air way management support.
- Introduction to the respiratory system
- Understanding how the respiratory system function with anatomy and physiology
- Have an awareness and the knowledge that is associated with respiratory conditions, their causes, diagnosis, signs and symptoms and treatments that are available
- Respiratory conditions and the rationale for oxygen therapy and safe administration procedures
- Continuous Post Airway Pressure (CPAP) treatment used in obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Safe administration of oral suctioning and the indications for use
- Knowledge and understanding on how to complete clinical observations
- Written knowledge questions
- Practical demonstration in oral suctioning therapy
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
Successfully administer oxygen to people who require airway management including people who are supported with continuous post airway pressure. Take and record the vital signs required and successfully carry out suction therapy.
Number of Delegates
Price: £75 (inc. VAT)