The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to provide care or treatment to a person with a spinal injury, disease or disorder.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers and healthcare professionals who provide care and treatment for people with spinal disorders.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for a person with a spinal injury, disease or disorder.
- Understand the spinal cord and its function.
- Understand pressure sore prevention and treatment.
- Recognise and care for people with syndromes including:
- Brown Sequard Syndrome and Autonomic Dysreflexia.
- Recognise and care for people with spinal injuries including: Quadriplegia, Tetraplegia and Paraplegia, Caudia Equina Syndrome, Anterior, Posteria and Central Cord
- Implement company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £42 (inc. VAT)