The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to handle objects using safe principles and techniques to avoid injury or ill health.
This course is suitable for employees, supervisors and managers from all types of workplaces who have a responsibility to move or supervise the movement of objects. The course helps to manage the risk of manual handling injuries and ill health.
Learners are to undertake practical and written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to the Manual Handling Regulations.
- Recognise and avoid injury caused by poor manual handling.
- Employ good handling techniques using biomechanical principles.
- Carry out manual handling risk assessment.
- Use and carry out visual inspections of handling equipment.
- Understand the types and uses of equipment.
- Use safe manual handling techniques.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 ( INC VAT)