The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and understanding required to recognise how to protect children from maltreatment, to prevent the impairment of children’s health and development, to ensure children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care and what actions are required to enable children to have the best outcomes.
This course is suitable to managers, supervisors and staff who are involved with the care and management of children and will assist learners protect children from abuse and exploitation.
- To know the Legislation that applies to safeguarding children.
- To understand the impact of the United Nations convention on the rights of the child.
- To understand the requirements of CQC and Ofsted with regard to safeguarding children.
- To know the different categories of abuse specifically with regard to safeguarding children.
- To know what action to take to protect the child.
- How to deal with emergency safeguarding issues.
- To understand what agencies are involved in safeguarding children.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT )