The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to provide care and support to people of all ages with autism.
This course is aimed at all types of health and social care providers that require an understanding of autism and especially for those who work with people that are affected by autism. The course also gives guidance on intervention and coping techniques especially whilst caring for someone that also displays challenging behaviour.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people with autism.
- Understand the effects of autism and impairments including Asperger Syndrome.
- Management Strategies including Medication.
- Understand the impacts of autism on family, the care team and others.
- Appreciate respite and long term care.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)