The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to recognise and deal with bereavement and loss in a professional and considerate manner.
This course is aimed at all health and social care workers and healthcare professionals who support clients and their families cope with bereavement and loss. It gives an insight to how bereavement and loss is managed and stresses the importance of a knowledgeable, considerate and skilled care worker.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to dealing with bereavement and loss.
- Recognise the circumstances of bereavement and loss.
- Recognise the differences between bereavement (death) and loss of a person such as a head injury or long term disability etc.
- Recognise what bereavement, grief and mourning are and the reasons for a person experiencing these feelings.
- Understand the stages of loss and the complications of bereavement.
- Understand how bereavement and loss may affect each group of individuals within
- Understand the coping mechanisms and to how to help individuals through the bereavement and loss process.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)