This course is aimed at all health and social care workers who support patients and clients with catheters and gives information on how to manage catheter care and promote continence.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers and healthcare professionals with the responsibility to carry out after care for catheterised patients both male and female and how to promote normal continence.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to catheter care.
- Understand the anatomy of the urinary tract - male and female.
- The completion of best practice documentation.
- Understand the causes of incontinence and how to promote continence.
- React to religious and cultural considerations.
- Recognise continence aids and how to practice care including – medication, exercise, pads, convenes and types of catheters.
- Implement consent and related documentation.
- Carry out catheter care – including infection control and catheter maintenance solutions.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)