The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to safely react to and effectively deal with situations of challenging behaviour where breakaway and safe holds are required.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers and healthcare professionals who may become involved in situations where the behaviour of a person may result in physical conflict and requires the worker to safely breakaway or safely hold the person.
Learners are to undertake practical assessment in breakaway and safe holding techniques.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries and guidelines with regard to intervention, breakaway and safe hold techniques.
- Understand challenging behaviour.
- Recognise challenging behaviour and understand triggers.
- How to manage challenging behaviour and positive behaviour management.
- Understand the human rights of those involved.
- Resolve escalating conflicts including violence and aggression.
- To be able to safe hold a person.
- To aid with reporting and documentation such as ABC charts etc.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £114 (inc VAT)