The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to communicate effectively within a health and social care setting.
The course is aimed at health and social care workers and healthcare professionals who work directly with people in a health and social care environment. The course covers the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care and national standards. It will help healthcare workers develop their skills of communication and understand the many different ways of communicating with the people they support.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to communicating and caring for individuals in care.
- Understand the reasons for communication.
- Recognise verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Practice effective listening and physical contact.
- Understand the barriers to communication.
- Recognise behavioural challenges.
- Practice good record keeping.
- Understand the importance of communicating within a team.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)