The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to manage and deal with behaviours displayed in dementia.
This course is aimed at managers and senior healthcare workers who work with people with dementia in a health and social care environment. It identifies the causes and the management planning required to safely deal with diverse behaviour in dementia. The course also assesses the risks involved in formulating management plans and the possible outcomes on the health of the person they support.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people with dementia.
- Understand the causes, management and prevention of diverse behaviour.
- Understand verbal and non-verbal signs of diverse behaviour.
- Understanding why people may display diverse behaviour.
- Predicting aggression and diverse behaviour using the anxiety pyramid.
- Practice good record keeping and understand how it can assist in predicting diverse behaviours in dementia.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3/4 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)