The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to communicate effectively when caring for people at varying stages of dementia.
This course is aimed at all health and social care workers and healthcare professionals with a responsibility to caring for people who have dementia. It assists workers to overcome the barriers of communication and diverse behaviour associated with dementia. It also gives the worker an understanding of the different stages of dementia and how to best care for each person they support.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for patients or individuals with dementia.
- Understand how many types of Dementia there are.
- Types of memory.
- Understanding the memory bookcase model and its collapse.
- Valuable communication tools.
- Keys to communication.
- Methods of communication.
- The aging senses.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)