The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to care for people with dementia.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers and healthcare professionals who have a responsibility to care for people who have dementia. It provides workers with a basic knowledge of dementia in order to provide care and support to people with varying stages of dementia.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people with dementia.
- List the different types of Dementia including Alzheimer’s.
- Signs and symptoms of dementia
- Understand the dementia process and the need for the person-centred approach.
- Be familiar with communication methods and be aware of behavioural responses.
- Understand how to promote and maintain quality of life and establish an awareness of the rights of the person.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3Hours)
Number of Delegates
PRICE: £42 (inc VAT)