The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to provide care and support to people who suffer from dysphagia and have difficulty in swallowing.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers and healthcare professionals with a responsibility to provide care or support to people who suffer from dysphagia. It will give the care worker the knowledge and understanding to recognise the different signs, symptoms and complications of dysphagia and the skills required to deal with a choking emergency and to provide ongoing aftercare.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people who have dysphagia.
- Recognise the signs, symptoms and complications of dysphagia.
- Recognise the causes of dysphagia.
- Practice treatments and follow care planning.
- Deal with a choking incident.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
- Understanding IDDSI with practical session
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)