This course is aimed at all health and social care sectors. This course gives an overview of the administration and recording of prescribed and non prescribed medication.
- The Laws concerning the administration of Medication including local policy.
- Medication Errors
- The audit trail including:
- Receipt of medicines
- Administration of medicines.
- Disposal of medicines.
- Understanding of the pre medication checklist.
- Identify the routes of Administration.
- Understand the different types of medication.
- Storage of medication.
- Recognise adverse reactions and know how to deal with them.
- Understand Medication Administration Records (MAR).
- Understand the importance of good record keeping.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)