The aim of this course is to introduce learners to the essential knowledge and skills required to safely move and assist people using the standard equipment and recognised techniques routinely used within a health and social care setting.
This course is aimed at new, inexperienced or skill faded health and social care workers who require a thorough knowledge of the basic skills required to carry out moving and assisting people tasks safely.
Learners are to undertake practical assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to the Manual Handling Regulations and the moving and assisting of people.
- Carry out risk assessment (PEACE) and understand biomechanics.
- Select, use and inspect equipment.
- How to operate a hoist and size a sling.
- Understand safe and unsafe moving & positioning techniques.
- Carry out safe sitting to standing and assisted walking techniques.
- Understand the correct use of stand aids.
- Understand and comply with company policy & procedure.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £78 (inc VAT)