The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to provide specialist palliative care to individuals who are coming to the end of life.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers with a responsibility of providing palliative care and support to individuals and their families at the end of life. It will give the care worker the skills required to provide ongoing assessment and specialist care in order to maintain the dignity and comfort of the individual. It will also provide care workers with the knowledge of the services and agencies who can provide ongoing support to the families.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries and current strategies with regard to palliative care.
- Understand the different aspects of palliative care.
- Understand current best practices with regard to palliative care.
- Understand grief and the need for emotional support.
- Understand pain and pain assessment.
- Practice dignified and sympathetic palliative care.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)