The aim of this course is to give learners the skills and knowledge required to safely maintain and manage an in situ PEG feeding system.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers who support a person with an in-situ PEG feeding system. It teaches the carer to regognise when the system is not operating correctly, how the PEG is to be correctly managed and stresses the importance of good hygiene and a skilled carer.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to maintaining the health and safety of the patient or client.
- Methods of PEG insertion and its care.
- PEG feeding and the requirements for Gastrostomies.
- Recognition and use of PEG equipment.
- PEG and Gastrostomy problem solving.
- Understanding the risks of aspiration.
- Day to day care of PEG site
- Importance of positioning during and after feeding.
- Identification of when medical referral is required.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
PRICE: £42 (inc VAT)