The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to recognise the signs and symptoms of a stroke and what action they should take during and after the stroke.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers who support people who are at risk of having a stroke or people who have previously suffered a stroke. It teaches the healthcare worker how to adapt to the after affects of a stroke through physical and psychological support.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to providing care including:
- The definition of a stroke and the causes of a stroke.
- Signs and symptoms of a stroke and the immediate treatment.
- Anatomy of the brain.
- Medication and recovery.
- Reducing the risks of a stroke.
- Company policy & procedure.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
PRICE: £42 (inc VAT)