The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to prevent pressure ulcers from forming and to recognise a pressure ulcer wound.
This course is aimed at nurses and care workers who are responsible for caring for people who are at risk of developing pressure ulcers. It includes the measures required to prevent pressure ulcers and the management and treatment of ulcers if they occur.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to pressure ulcer prevention.
- Recognise incidences of tissue damage.
- Understand skin structure and its function.
- Understand the factors contributing to tissue breakdown.
- Carry out inspection and care of the skin.
- Prevent and manage of skin damage.
- Carry out wound healing and wound management.
- Implement infection prevention and control measures.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
PRICE: £42 (inc VAT)