The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to provide safe personal care to individuals while maintaining their dignity and preserving their physical and mental wellbeing.
The course is aimed at nurses and health care workers who assist people with their day to day personal care needs including washing, feeding, dressing and other tasks.
Learners are to undertake practical assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to delivering personal care and assistance.
- Provide personal health care including bathing and showering, assisted washing and hair and oral care.
- Provide personal care to people including applying continence pads, convenes, compression stockings and emptying and changing urine bags.
- Recognise the signs of people who are malnourished, dehydrated or who have skin or tissues injury.
- Understand how, when and to whom they report concerns.
- Understand the care values to be followed when providing care.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £45 (inc. VAT)