The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge required to recognise and help people who deliberately self-harm by inflicting physical harm on the body. The course helps learners to understand why individuals harm their physical self to deal in order to deal with emotional pain, or to break feelings of numbness by arousing sensation.
This course is aimed at anyone who cares for, or is responsible for; people who self-harm or people are at risk of self-harming.
- Why people self-harm
- Physical methods of self-harming
- Alternative methods of self-harming
- The self-harm cycle
- Methods of helping someone who self-harms?
- Therapies to help those who self-harm
- How and where to get help
- What immediate assistance is available
1/2 Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £45 (inc. VAT)