The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge required to understand the issues, attitudes and strategies to support people with learning disabilities to cope with sexuality and relationships.
The course is aimed at anyone supporting people with learning disabilities who may be experiencing difficulties with their sexuality, their knowledge of sex education and maintaining relationships.
Learners are to undertake continuous assessment by the trainer.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Understand the legislative guidance relating to risk, safeguarding and capacity
- Operate within recognised boundaries with regard to delivering sex education.
- Understand some misconceptions surrounding sexuality.
- Understand the different elements of sexuality.
- Be aware of the dilemmas you can face when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Assist people to understand their sexuality and how it may impact on others.
- Assist people to express their sexuality in ways accepted by society.
- Assist people to understand and manage different types of relationships.
- Know where and how to access appropriate support.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £78 (inc. VAT)