The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to communicate effectively in a positive manner with dignity and compassion. Learners will also learn more about the methods of communication including when and when not to use physical contact.
This amazing new workshop allows your staff to experience and feel how your residents feel. Learners that have completed this workshop have left with a new perspective on what it feels like to be on the receiving end of care and a new vision on what person centred care should be,
The course is aimed at all health and social care workers who communicate with people in care.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Understand the term ‘Compassion’ & ‘Dignity’ and understand how it is promoted in the workplace.
- Recognise when individuals are not treated with Dignity.
- Understand the values of the Dignity Challenge.
- Explain why privacy of information is legally and morally important.
- Understand why effective communication is essential to good care.
- Understand and give examples of the different methods of communication.
- Understand the basic principles needed to communicate effectively with an individual.
- Know when not to use physical contact.
- Know how to put this training into practice.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £90 (inc. VAT)