The aim of this course is to give learners a comprehensive knowledge and enhanced skills required to provide care and support for people of all ages with autism.
This course is aimed at health and social care workers who need a comprehensive and enhanced knowledge of autism especially for those who work with people that are affected by the more austere forms of autism. The course also gives guidance on intervention and coping techniques especially for people that also display challenging behaviour.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people with autism.
- Understand the effects of autism including Asperger Syndrome.
- Understand the triad of impairments.
- Management Strategies including Medication.
- Understand how to cope with challenging behaviours.
- Understand the impacts of autism on family, the care team and others.
- Appreciate respite and long term care.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £65 (inc. VAT)