The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to understand epilepsy and how to safely deal with a reaction and administer rescue medication when needed.
The course is aimed at nurses care workers and will provide the knowledge and skills to qualify learners to act promptly and safely when required.
Learners are to undertake practical and written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to dealing with a seizure.
- Be able to carry out first aid during a seizure.
- Understanding and recognise epilepsy.
- Understand the possible triggers of epilepsy.
- Understanding the classifications of seizures in order to act efficiently.
- Understanding which medication is to be used and how much is to be given.
- Be able to administer Buccal and Rectal medications.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £65 (inc. VAT)