The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to provide care and support to people of all ages with a learning disability.
This course is aimed at all types of health and social care providers that require an understanding of learning disabilities and especially for those who work with people that are affected by learning disabilities.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people with a learning disability.
- Understand the different types of Learning Disability
- Communicate with an individual who has a Learning Disability
- Know the effects that Learning Disabilities can have on an individual’s health
- Be aware of complications in profound Learning Disabilities
- Understand the difference between a Learning Disability and Learning Difficulty
- Causes of Learning Disabilities
- Understand the Triad of Impairment in Autism
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £42 (inc.VAT)