The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to communicate using the Signs and Symbols at Stages 1-2 of Makaton.
This course is aimed at anyone who wishes to develop skills and is the starting point for learning Makaton. It is recommended for:
- Parents, family members, carers and workers who need to use Makaton at home and in their work place.
- Participants who need a more detailed knowledge about using and applying Makaton to develop the communication skills of others.
The course will consist of the following:
- The history of Makaton.
- The design and structure of Makaton.
- The Makaton Core Vocabulary.
- The Signs and symbols from stages 1 and 2.
- Additional vocabulary
- Techniques for placement, directionality and movement.
- How the signs used with the Makaton vocabulary were derived.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £42 (inc. VAT)