The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to carry out safe male and female catheterisation, including an overview of Suprapubic.
This course is aimed at nurses and other suitably qualified healthcare professionals with the responsibility to catheterise male and female patients, to carry out effective after care of the patient and to promote normal continence.
Learners are to undertake a pre-course workbook and practical assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to catheterisation of a patient.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the reproductive and urinary system.
- To carry out effective assessment of a male and female patient.
- Select and use the correct equipment including catheter types and sizes.
- Carry out lubrication and catheter insertion procedures.
- Recognise and deal with complications.
- Complete documentation.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
1/2 Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £90 (inc VAT)