3041 Pressure Ulcer Prevention Care and Treatment
The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to recognise and treat pressure ulcers and to implement preventative in measures pressure areas.
This course is aimed at nurses and other qualified healthcare professionals who are responsible for the care and treatment of people with pressure ulcers. The course concentrates on the care and treatment of pressure ulcers as well as completing comprehensive risk assessment.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to pressure ulcer prevention.
- Understand and recognise skin structure, function and incidences of tissue damage.
- Understand factors contributing to tissue breakdown.
- Carry out Inspection and care of the skin including infection prevention and control.
- Prevent and manage skin damage.
- Carry out wound healing and wound management.
- Carry out risk assessment.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £78 (inc VAT)