3046 Tissue Viability
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to maintain healthy skin and tissue in order to avoid unnecessary tissue breakdown.
The course is aimed at nurses and experienced care workers who care for elder or younger people with fragile skin, muscles and bones in order to maintain their health.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to maintaining healthy skin and tissue.
- Understand the skin and tissue.
- Understand the factors why an elderly person’s skin may be more fragile than younger people.
- Understand how to prevent tissue breakdown
- Understand the parts of the body that are more prone to pressure damage
- Recognise the signs of skin and tissue breakdown and know how to deal with it.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £45 (inc. VAT)