3048 Confirmation of Death
The aim of this course is to give nurses the knowledge and the procedure to follow in order to confirm the death of a person. This skill and expertise s increasingly in demand due to the unavailability and /or delays with medical attendance
This course is aimed at nurses who may be required to confirm death before the arrival of a doctor, as a substitute to doctor’s attendance- especially during seasonal outbreaks of illness, or in line with Gov recommendations.
Learners are to undertake written and practical assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to the definition of death.
- Understand what happens before we get to death.
- Examine patients who have died.
- Understand the difference between confirmation and certification of death.
- Understand the Code of Practice (NMC 2008).
- How to complete documentation of confirmation.
- Recognise certification & cremation forms.
- Be able to reflect on our own experiences of death.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £45 (inc VAT.)