3059 Long Term Conditions
The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to care for somebody who is suffering from long term conditions.
The course is aimed at all health and social care workers that are involved in caring for individuals who suffer from long term conditions including Parkinson’s, Arthritis and heart problems.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people with long term conditions.
- Understand how psychological affects people.
- Understand how physical affects people.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms & the definition of MS, MND and Parkinson’s.
- Understand the main types of Arthritis and the treatments available.
- Understand how the spine and brain affects long term conditions.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of a stroke and what action to take.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of heart conditions and how to treat them.
- Know which support services are available to assist people with a long term condition.
- Be able to care for a person with a long term condition.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £78 (inc. VAT)