3091 Syringe Driver
The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to use a Syringe Pump safely following current medical procedures. This course is aimed at nurses and appropriate healthcare professionals who are responsible for using the pump as part of their duties.
Learners are to undertake practical and written assessment. Assessment is based on continuous observation during the skills training session and individual assessment of knowledge and understanding.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Use the T34 infusion device & understand the indications for use.
- To use and set up the device.
- To understand the correct rate settings & calculations.
- To know the procedures for commencing, monitoring and stopping the device.
- To know how to remove and disposal of equipment.
- Understand the procedure in the event of patient death.
- Understand care and maintenance.
- Understand common problems and trouble shooting.
- Understand records management and monitoring.
- To know the principles of drug calculations.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £78 (inc. VAT)