3093 Advanced Wound Care
The aim of this course is to give learners further knowledge and skills required to recognise different types of wound and to carry out the correct physical treatment and psychological intervention that may be required.
This course is suitable for qualified nurses, managers and other healthcare professionals involved in the care of wounds.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Recognise the anatomy and physiology of the skin and deep tissues.
- Understand the functions of the skin.
- Recognise the Five categories of wounds.
- Recognise the classification of wounds.
- To be able to undertake a patient assessment.
- To be able to apply the correct type of dressing.
- To recognise pressure ulcers.
- To understand the importance of diet and nutrition.
- To know when to refer.
1 Day (6 hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £78 (inc. VAT)