3106 Intravenous (IV) Drug Administration
The aim of this course is to give learners with the knowledge and skills to safely administer prescribed intravenous medicines in accordance with national, professional and organisational requirements.
It will prepare learners to undertake supervised practical assessment of administering intravenous medicines in the workplace. The course is a blend of theory and practical and covers the principles of safe intravenous medicines administration, legal aspects of medicine management, recognition and management of adverse reactions, records management, and drug calculations.
Learners are to undertake practical assessment through the course, which will be followed by supervised practical assessment in the work place using the assessment tool provided.
- Principles of drug administration.
- Preparation and administration of intravenous drugs.
- Principles of asepsis and complications – Aseptic non touch technique (ANTT).
- Medicine calculations – Test your knowledge.
- Recognition and first line management of adverse reactions including anaphylaxis.
- Legal and professional requirements.
- Records management.
- Practical administration of intravenous medicines and controlled drugs.
- Management of intravenous sites.
- Accountability and legal aspects of IV administration.
- Individual assessment of competence.
1 Day (6 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price: £78 (inc. VAT)