1008 Basic Life Support
The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to administer effective Basic Life Support to a casualty until the arrival of the emergency services.
This course is aimed at anyone with a responsibility to perform effective first aid in an emergency or life threatening situation until the arrival of the emergency services or other qualified medical professional.
Basic Life Support is the minimum standard set by the Care Certificate for first aid that must be achieved when working in a care setting.
Learners are to undertake practical assessment throughout the course.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to first aid.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
- Carry out an assessment of a casualty.
- Perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Place a casualty into the recovery position.
- Recognise and treat people with breathing difficulties, bleeding, shock, choking.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price £42 (inc VAT)