3001 Bedrail Safety
The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to manage the day to day use of bedrails in order to reduce the risk of injury to the service user.
This course also teaches learners how to recognise when a bedrail is unsafe and the immediate actions they are to take in order to safeguard the service user.
Learners are to undertake formative assessment throughout the course by the trainer.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people who use bedrails including safety distances and current best practices.
- Recognise the types and uses of bedrails.
- Understand which service users are suitable to use bedrails.
- Understand the alternatives to bedrails.
- Recognition of an unsafe or faulty bedrail.
- Understand the Inspection and maintenance requirements for bedrails.
- Report safety concerns or poor maintenance issues.
- Understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
½ Day (3 x 1 Hour Workshops)
Number of Delegates
Maximum 12 on each workshop
Price £42 (inc VAT)