4000 QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail (RQF)
This qualification forms part of the QA Food Safety suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on:
- National Occupational Standards (NOS) for food safety in a catering environment developed by People 1st.
- Recommendations of good practice outlined by the Food Standards Agency.
This qualification should enable Learners to attain the knowledge of the importance of food safety and maintaining good practice so that they are able to produce safe food.
This qualification is designed for people who work, or intend to work in a food retail environment.
The objective of the qualification is to introduce Learners to the principles and fundamentals of food safety associated with retail. It includes how individuals have a personal responsibility for food safety, the importance of personal hygiene, keeping work areas clean and hygienic, safe food handling practices and keeping food products safe. The purpose of this qualification is to develop Learners’ knowledge and skills in food safety to prepare them for employment as a food handler, or other support role in a food retail environment.
- Qualification number: 603/2593/8
- Number of units: 1 mandatory units
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 7 hours
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 6
- Credit value: 1
- Assessment methods:
Formative assessment conducted by Trainer throughout the course.
Theory assessment/multiple choice question paper: 1 x 30 mark question paper (minimum score 20).
Price as per current Price List.