5000 QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification provides Learners with the opportunity to develop the basic skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of emergency paediatric first aid situations which could arise when looking after children.
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) qualification has been designed in-line with the current Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 or 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who cares for infants and children, such as parents, guardians, grandparents or those who have an involvement with infants and children and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an emergency paediatric first aid certificate within three months of starting work.
During this 1 day course, Learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, including: managing an unresponsive infant or child, CPR, choking, seizures, external bleeding and more. For a more detailed overview of the topics covered, please request the Qualification Specification.
- QAN Number: 603/0786/9
- Ofqual regulated? Yes
- Number of Units: 1 mandatory unit
- Contact Learning Hours (CLH): 6 minimum
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 8
- Credit Value: 1
- Assessment: 5 x Practical assessments, 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper) and continuous formative assessment conducted throughout the course.
- Qualification Valid For: 3 years
Contact us for price.