5005 QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid training.
The QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, specifically designed for those who are appointed to act as a first aider in their workplace. It is also ideal for people who have a specific responsibility to provide first aid in voluntary and community activities.
Over a 3 day period, Learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of first aid situations, including: assessing an incident, managing an unresponsive casualty, CPR, heart attacks, choking, head and spinal injuries, fractures, anaphylaxis and more. For a more detailed overview of the topics covered, please request the Qualification Specification.
- QAN Number: 600/7621/5
- Ofqual regulated: Yes
- Number of Units: 2 mandatory units
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 24 (12 for requalifying course)
- Contact Learning Hours (CLH): 18 minimum (12 for requalifying course)
- Credit Value: 3
- Assessment: 5 x Practical assessments, 2 x Theory assessments (Multiple Choice Question Papers) and continuous formative assessment conducted throughout the course
- Qualification Valid For: 3 years
Contact us for price.