5008 QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of AED (RQF)
The QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (RQF) qualification has been designed to provide candidates with the skills needed to administer safe, prompt and effective basic life support and use an AED safely in emergency situations.
This qualification is for people who have a specific interest or responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities e.g. a first aider, in being able to provide BLS when dealing with an emergency situation which may involve using an AED.
This qualification forms part of the QA First Aid suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of: The Resuscitation Council (UK), Assessment Principles for Regulated First Aid Qualifications This QA qualification outlines a range of knowledge and practical skills in providing basic life support (BLS) and using an automated external defibrillator (AED) safely. Learners will practise assessing and managing a casualty who needs BLS and the safe use of an AED.
- Qualification number: 603/2402/8
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 5 hours
- Guided learning hours (GLH): 4 (3hrs 40mins minimum)
- Credit value: 1
- Number of units: 1 mandatory unit
- Assessment methods:
- Formative assessment conducted by Trainer throughout the course
- Practical assessment – 3 completed throughout the course
- Qualification valid for: 3 years
Contact us for price.