5009 QA Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED (RQF)
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations and safely use an AED. The purpose of this qualification is to assist the Learner to develop the skills and knowledge needed to provide CPR and use an AED in an emergency situation.
This qualification is for people who have a specific interest or a responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to be able to provide CPR when dealing with an emergency which may involve using an AED.
This qualification forms part of the QA First Aid suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
- Resuscitation Council (UK).
- Assessment Principles for Regulated First Aid Qualifications.
- Qualification number: 603/2654/2
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 6 hours
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 5 (4 hours 35 minutes minimum)
- Number of units: 1
- Credit value: 1
- Assessment methods:
- Formative assessment conducted by Trainer throughout the course
- Theory assessment/multiple choice question paper 1 x 20 question paper (minimum score 14)
- Practical assessment – 3 completed throughout the course.
- Qualification valid for: 3 years
Price as per current Price List.