5010 QA Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (QAR)
This unregulated qualification forms part of the QA First Aid suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
- Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Skills for Health Assessment Principles for First Aid Qualifications
This qualification is for people who have specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities to be able to use an AED when dealing with an emergency situation.
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with the use of an automated external defibrillation (AED). The purpose of this qualification is to prepare the Learner to develop the skills and knowledge that are needed to safely use an AED.
- Number of units: 1
- Guided learning hours (GLH): 4
- Contact learning hours (CLH): 3 or 1.5 as a bolt on
- Assessment methods:
- Formative assessment conducted by Trainer throughout the course
- Practical assessment – completed throughout the course
- Qualification valid for: 3 years
Price: £54 (inc VAT)