6000 Moving and Assisting People Train the Trainer 3 Day
The aim of this three day course is to provide trainers or potential trainers with the essential knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and assisting of people and in the effective completion of manual handling risk assessment.
This course is for experienced manual handling practitioners with a responsibility for teaching staff how to safely move and assist people in the workplace. It will teach the fundamentals of teaching and will refresh the learner on the safe movement of people and effective risk assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of relevant legislation regarding Manual Handling.
- Understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury.
- Explain the principles of efficient movement (POEM).
- Apply the principle of ergonomics.
- Demonstrate effective risk assessment in Moving and Assisting People.
- Recognise ‘controversial techniques’ and complete a Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA)
- Have practical experience of a variety of equipment used in the care sector.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of practical skills in the moving and assisting of people in a care setting.
- Demonstrate effective teaching styles and the skills to convey manual handling knowledge and safe practice to others.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- Submission of a REBA assessment
- Delivery of a 30 minute micro teaching session in order to practice teaching skills, organisation and delivery of appropriate course content.
- Continual practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
Support will be available once the course has finished. Our trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.
Number of Delegates
Price as per current Price List