6002 Moving and Assisting People Train the Trainer 2 Day Update
The aim of this two day course is to refresh trainers on the essential knowledge and skills to train others in the moving and assisting of people and in the effective completion of manual handling risk assessment.
This course is for experienced manual handling practitioners with a responsibility for teaching staff how to safely move and assist people in the workplace. It will refresh the fundamentals of teaching and will update the learner on the safe movement of people and effective risk assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of relevant legislation regarding Manual Handling.
- Understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury.
- Explain and apply the principles of efficient movement (POEM).
- Recognise ‘controversial techniques’ and complete a Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA)
- Understand the roles & responsibilities of a trainer
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of practical skills in the moving and assisting of people in a care setting.
- Demonstrate effective teaching styles and the skills to convey manual handling knowledge and safe practice to others.
- Be able to effectively assess learners when carrying out practical assessments
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- Continual practical skills assessment
- Submission of a REBA assessment
Support is available once the course has finished. Our trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.
Number of Delegates
Price as per current Price List